Monday, July 14, 2008

The Ways of Toddlers

Anyone who has kids can relate, I assure you. I woke up this morning and went into my family room to find some weird colored mess smeared all over my couch. I took a closer look at it, and it was raw sausage! I asked McKenna why she did it, and she said her 'tiger' did it. Now she's starting to do the blame game, which is something I wasn't looking forward to. I talked to her about it, and told her she needed to go to her room, which she did with out being sad or even screaming at me. It was nice! She even stayed there until I told her she was allowed to come out again. I called my mom to ask her what I should do about the fabric on the couch, and she said she'd come over and help me take it off the cushion and wash it. (she made the couch covers, that's why I called her.) So when McKenna came out, she said sorry and gave me a hug, then said, "I won't never do it never again, mommy." How could that not melt your heart? So now I get to go and buy a lock for the fridge... again. I had one, but she broke it. I'll just have to get a stronger one this time.

5 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

Sausage on the Couch. Um ya.

Dad said...

You're really sure it was sausage?? :D

sean said...

SO-DA!!!

Karen said...

You are so patient. Gavin would be missing some teeth if he'd done that! Okay, maybe a little too violent, but I'd be angry for sure. Good thing she didn't eat it!

Kaia Minon said...

I think my mom should get one of those locks!
but not to keep avery out....
To keep me out!