Kenna's been sick the past few days and hasn't been able to hold anything in. She was up from 11:30 Thursday night until 3:30 a.m. Friday morning proving that statement. :( I don't think I've done so many loads of laundry in that short amount of time. I took her to the doctor yesturday, and he said to just keep an eye on her to see if she gets any worse. He swabbed her mouth also just to make sure she doesn't have strep. He came back in and said it's just a sore throat and sent us home. So we went to Target and spent the gift card on her that Rachel gave her for her birthday, (thanx Rach! she loved it!), got her some new clothes, and went home. About a 1/2 hour later, Kenna was sick again. About an hour after we got home, her doctor called back. He said that he left the strep test a little longer, and it became red after we left. So, yes, she has strep. Poor girl. He prescribed amoxicillin and something else to help with her nausea, which mom said would make her sleep, which it didn't, oh well. Thanks tho mom. :) But mom and dad were nice and picked up her meds because she had fallen to sleep and I didn't want to wake her up. She seems to be doing better today, although she does still have a fever. So far she's kept her breakfast down, so hopefully this weekend she'll be able to rest and feel better before Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Poor Kooner. :(
You're both in our prayers honey. Along with Mits and Jave and....well, you get the idea. 'Kenna will be very dehydrated, as you know. Did she like the Jell-O? (Kinda silly asking this way when I could just call you. But I don't want to take the chance of waking 'Kenna - or you)
the doctor should have prescribed...
SOOOOO-DAAAAA!!!
We were going to pick up 7-Up but decided to leave the store right after picking up the prescription. Mom suddenly didn't feel so hot herself so we just hurried over. 7-Up's always been a stomach calmer for you kiddies in the past.
Hope she feels better soon. One of the joys of parenthood is cleaning up vomit knowing it will happen again in a few minutes. Poor Kenna.
Poor Kenna Roo! :( I hope she's feeling better! (ha ha, I found your blog. And yes, we were suppose to hang out before I left. Let me know when you're in town and we'll play!)
Is she doing any better?? Poor thing! Strep sucks!
Post a Comment